written by H

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Photoshop

Hello again everyone!  In school, I have been taking a Photoshop course, it is actually a lot easier than I was expecting; once you get to know the UI (use interface) the control scheme is very dynamic and supportive of quick color and brush changes.  The “layers” feature is very good too, for those of you who do not have Photoshop, it is a tool which allows you to superimpose multiple pictures onto each other.  For example, of you painted a background of a picture you could draw the people or scenery on a different layer; this is useful because changes to the image are applied ONLY to the layer selected, so if you did not like your scenery then you could simply delete the scenery layer and keep the background. I have been fooling around in PSE (photo shop elements) and I thought that you guys might like to see the results of my fiddling. Look around the blog for the picture of trees, see below for a screen shoot of PSE’s UI.


4 comments:

  1. Which version of photoshop are you working with? I have an old version of photoshop and am debating whether or not to pay the money for a newer version....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo dude!
    It's that wacky Arizonan relative of yours, and I'm enjoying this place, it give me something to think about. xD

    But anyways, I love it, and I hope it gives you something to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jessica: I am using Photoshop Elements 7; but I have never used any of the other versions so I cannot really make a comparison for you. I really like the features in PSE 7 though. Which version do you have, and what do you think of it? What kinds of features are you looking for that your version does not do? Have you ever tried making money by editing or creating images for other people? I hear you can make a lot doing such things if you are good at it.

    -H-

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe the photoshop I have previously used was photoshop 2.0. I never knew exactly what all its capabilities were, I just sort of fiddled around with it. It can be a very confusing program to use if you don't know what your doing. I'm sure there are lots of tutorials online that you can learn from, I just never took the time. As of recently I have been using Picasa 3 to edit my pictures with. It's a simple photo editing program through Google that I downloaded free directly from Google. It has been suiting my needs just fine. And yes, I have been editing pictures and plan on giving some as gifts for Christmas but I haven't tried marketing any of my pictures for money. It would although be something I would be interested in doing...perhaps I'll look into it.

    ReplyDelete